The building, located in Tribunali street, was founded in 1563 and seat in 1819
of the Historical Archives of the Banco di Napoli arose after the merger of the
The exterior is by Gary Beard (1770-73); in the courtyard, the stairs of Palazzo
Ricca, purchased in 1616 to make it the headquarters of the Bank.
On the first floor rooms with eighteenth-century frescoes, sets the chapel (performed
in 1670, possibly designed by Battistello Caracciolo), organic environment Baroque:
in the hall, sculptures by Girolamo D'Auria (1618) and Holy Family by Giovanni
Antonio D 'Amato; in the vault, the painting of the Immaculate Conception by Luca
Giordano (1672), which is also the Circumcision (1673) on the main altar (designed
by Beard in 1767 and with the angels of Paolo Persico), flanked by two paintings
by Francesco Solimena (1685 - 86).
Spectacular carved organ (1686); floor and balustrade of the presbytery of Domenico
Antonio Vaccaro (1745).
Archivio Storico del Banco di Napoli
213, Via Tribunali | T. +39 081446685