Since 1927 the National Museum of Ceramics of Martina is located inside the Villa
Floridiana, on the hill of Vomero.
Neoclassical mension of Ferdinando IV Bourbon’s second wife , Lucia Migliaccio
duchess of Floridia. Today it keeps one of the most valuable collections of European
and Eastern ornamental art.
The rich collection of objects collected in the second half of the nineteenth
century by Placido de Sangro, Duke of Martina and donated to the city of Naples
in 1911 by the nephew of these, Placido de Sangro counts of Marsi, happily reflects
the climate of enthusiasm and renewed interest in the so-called minor arts which
spread in Europe at that time.
The Duke of Martina, admirer and connoisseur of all kinds of artifacts, items
purchased in the major capitals of Europe gathering, since the mid-nineteenth
century, an impressive collection of artifacts minors: glass, leather, coral,
ivory and porcelain and pottery mostly .
Museo Duca di Martina
Via Cimarosa, 77 | Naples
T. +39 081 5788 418 | +39 0812292 110
www.floridiana.napolibeniculturali.it | www.pierreci.it